The Foxgloves Rectangular stained glass window will make a stunning addition to any decor. Natural variations in art glass make this item a unique, handcrafted treasure for the home or office. Photographs are a general representation of the product. Colors and designs may vary. Features include:
- Dimensions: 12 inches wide x 44 inches high
- Pieces of Glass: 824
- Colors: green/blue, light peach, amber, and green art glass
- Artisan Crafted: Every piece of glass is individually hand-cut and set by Meyda artisans using the copperfoil technique made famous by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
- Hardware: Solid brass frame. Solid brass mounting bracket and chain included.
We love stained glass window panels! Hang them anywhere you need privacy. Enhance an internal gallery wall. Mask the harsh lighting of a western view. Add drama or ambient lighting with glorious color. These versatile works of art are portable and easily transform any room in the home.
Gift Giving: If you plan to gift this item, the packaging may indicate what is inside.
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Stained Glass Windows
Stained glass products typically arrive with excess oil on the glass. Simply wipe it off with a soft cloth. Oil is used in the finishing process. It gives the glass a scratch-resistant shine and helps protect it on long-distance journeys.
Cleaning Stained Glass: Consult a professional conservator when cleaning older stained glass or leadlights. Light surface dusting is all that is needed for new stained glass or jadestone. For more thorough cleaning:
- Make sure the item is on a stable surface. We recommended vacuuming with a soft brush attachment first.
- Apply liquid lemon or orange oil furniture polish to a soft cloth and wipe gently. Metal can also be treated in the same manner.
- Use a non-abrasive cleaner for greasy buildup and dirt that accumulates near cooking areas. Apply it to the cloth and spot test it first. Cotton swabs are handy for tight corners. Do not use ammonia or vinegar-based cleansers. Never apply cleaners directly to the glass. Never use cleansers on painted glass, old or new.
- After cleaning, re-apply oil-based furniture polish.
Installation: Stained glass window panels can be hung in front of any window or light source using the provided mounting brackets and chains. More ambitious homeowners may prefer permanent installation. Windows can be installed as sidelights, transoms, room dividers, cabinet doors, skylights, or in any new or existing window opening. It requires removal of any permanently attached hardware used to hang the panel. Stained glass windows are not energy efficient. Insulated window panes must also be used on exterior walls. High moisture areas, like bathrooms, require an additional layer of protection. Do-it-yourself or have a professional install it for you.
About Meyda Lighting
Stained Glass was originally a hobby for Meyer Cohen. That hobby became Meyda Lighting, which celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2014. Now chaired by Robert Cohen, son of Meyer and Ida (Meyda), their comprehensive suite of products includes lighting fixtures, table and floor lamps, stained glass windows, fireplace screens, and other home accents. Notably:
- Meyda acquired Quality Bent Glass Company. QBG created original lighting fixtures, including the famous Coca-Cola® chandeliers, and supplied them to Tiffany Studios in New York City in the early 1900s. Meyda still uses QBG's original tools, molds, and techniques to create nostalgic lighting products today.
- Meyda also acquired Mecco Art, a metal art studio. Their manufacturing techniques and equipment are used today to create spectacular custom-crafted lighting and home décor products.
- Meyda developed strong cooperative relationships with several artisanal stained glass studios overseas. Those partnerships help provide a sustainable living for their communities and allowed Meyda to expand their product line to a broader market.
Product Guarantee: Meyda Lighting is committed to outstanding quality and styling. Metalwork and electrical components have a one (1) year warranty from receipt of merchandise. Additional information available upon request.
This item ships UPS Ground from New York. Orders typically ship within 3-5 business days. Business days do not include public holidays or weekends. Delivery depends on destination. Street address required. We will provide a tracking number immediately upon shipment.
The estimated number of business days until delivery includes order processing and time in transit. Item availability is assumed. Estimates are not a guarantee of delivery within a specific timeframe. If your package is oversized and/or requires truck delivery, the delivery time may be extended. During the holiday shopping season, processing and delivery times may also increase.
We are always happy to be of service. However, we are not able to ship this item outside the 48 contiguous United States. If you chose to use a freight forwarder, please view our shipping policies before placing your order. If you have any questions, let us know.
We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We value your business and want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return an item for any reason, drop us a note so we can help. We do not accept returns without prior approval. See our return policy page for complete details. For this item:
- All claims of damage or missing items during shipment must be made within 14 working days of receipt of merchandise. Truck line deliveries must be inspected at time of delivery and any damage must be notated on receiving documents signed at time of delivery.
- Items may be exchanged for store merchandise of the same or greater value for an additional shipping charge.
- All returns must be in original boxing and postmarked within 30 days of receipt.
- Merchandise returned for reasons other than damage is subject to a 10% re-stocking fee.